Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Allow Me To Introduce Myself . . .


Hey Everyone, my name is Jake Bachman.

2012 was a great year, one to remember. We started in London then Scotland, following our Eurotrip was In Vitro Fertilization, then we got PREGNANT, ran a Marathon and attended the Kentucky Derby followed by Baby Showers in Colorado, Tennessee and North Carolina, then we spent some time in Florida and watched the Denver Broncos at the Georgia Dome. THEN GAVIN WAS BORN, we had Thanksgiving and finished the year Griswold style with both sides of the family in our house for Christmas and New Years. Bam, busy year.

For you who don’t know, while keeping busy I was also battling Cystic Fibrosis. And in 2012 I had to learn to balance my newly aquired diabetes with my CF. My health definitely had many ups and downs. My lung fuctions, my weight, and my blood sugar all had their good days and bad.

In the past six weeks with Gavin here I am finding a new challenge to balance my treatments, medications and health with the new little one. With the new year I have a rejuvenated focus on my health while still having a blasty blast with Amy, Gavin and my dog, Piggy.

I am going to chronicle my efforts to build my lungs, manage my weight, work on my fitness and raise money for CF, while probably dropping some Gavin and fatherhood stories in and maybe some random goings ons too.
~ Jake

p.s. Go Broncos, Super Bowl XLVII

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jake,

    Congrats on your baby! I couldn't find your email address, which I why I am posting as a comment. I wanted to see if you would be interested in reviewing Sticky Icky Booger Bugs?

    Sticky Icky Booger Bugs is a new picture book that helps children ages 0 – 7 understand cystic fibrosis. Sherry Frith wrote Sticky Icky Booger Bugs after her sons, Kory and Kevin, were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease in which mucus clogs the lungs and prevents food from being digested. She wanted to explain aspects of the disorder using words and helpful illustrations they could understand.

    Sticky Icky Booger Bugs is the tale of a boy’s battle with cystic fibrosis as he attempts to avoid the hospital. The main character is Kory, who is just like any other kid. He loves recess, playing soccer, and exploring his neighborhood with his best friend. The book shows how with every puff, cough, and sneeze, Kory keeps the sticky icky booger bugs away so he can have fun every day.

    Sticky Icky Booger Bugs was published by Archway on July 26, 2013 and is available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Icky-Booger-Sherry-Frith/dp/148080083X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375730020&sr=1-1

    Let me know if you would like a complimentary copy of the book, have any questions, or need additional information.

    Best Regards,
    Kelsey
    kelsey@bookpublicityservices.com
    http://bookpublicityservices.com/

    ReplyDelete