Thursday, April 25, 2013

Training for the Superhero Strides for CF 5K

Hey everyone, only one month till the start of the Superhero Strides for CF 5K. It’s time to really buckle down on my training. I had a good week of running despite some wind, rain and pollen last week. .

Monday – 2.5 mi run, 1 mi walk/jog w/ Amy
Tuesday – 2 mi interval, 30 sec run, 30 sec walk, 1.5 mi walk/jog w/ Amy
Thursday – 1.75 mile hard run, 1 mile walk/jog w/ Amy
Friday – 1.6 mile interval, 30 sec hard run, 30 sec walk
Saturday – 4 mi run
I got in about 12 miles running this week, planning on steadily moving that up and hopefully getting faster in the process, plus I did an additional 5 mies with Amy

Interval workouts have been a great therapy for CF.  The hard run, followed by a short walk, just preparing to run hard again has really worked my lungs. I can feel my lungs being blown and cleared out. It’s a great workout to throw in the mix.

On a side note, I hate pollen. Not just the fact that my truck has a tint of yellow covering it. But Amy says I look like James Franco with my red eyes and nose
. I love running outside and all the southern pollen probably won’t detour me but it's frustrating and not fun.

If you want to join me in the inaugural Superhero Strides for CF run an awesome race, have a great time and get a spectacular shirt register at http://superherostrides.eventbrite.com.
ONLY 5 days till the price goes up May 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment