Monday, February 4, 2013

Snow, Rain or Shine: need to keep running

Good week for running and training, despite snow, rain, cold and wind.

Monday ~ 2.07 miles – 16:06 (7:47 p/mile)
Tuesday ~ Interval workout - 10 = 30 sec/30 sec sprint/walk
Thursday ~ 2.08 miles – 16:02 (7:42 p/mile)
Friday ~ Interval workout – 10 = 30 sec/30 sec sprint/walk
Saturday ~ Injury interruption

Saturday was fun, we had fluffy snow coming down, but unfortunately that made things slick resulting in a workout ending injury for one of my running mates. So pending no injuries next week, I should top 10-12 miles.

I ran roughly 6 ½ miles this week which isn’t a big number but I made every mile count. I’m learning with a busy job, bad weather, new son, early nightfall and life in general it’s hard to get long workouts in, especially, when I need to make times for my CF therapies. What I do is push hard. I strive to make my 20 minute workouts equivalent to others hour workouts.

With less than 50 days till my next 5K I want to increase my miles and my speed. I plan to add distance to my interval workouts and include a long run on the weekend.  My goal for the Special Kids run is to break 23 minutes, so 22:59 (7:25 pace). Needless to say, I have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment